[kronolith] Notifications to external domain Attendees it is not send

Vidal Carro García vidal.carro at spamina.com
Sun Feb 1 12:39:09 UTC 2015

> Quoting Vidal Carro García <vidal.carro at spamina.com>:
>
>> Hi List:
>>
>>  I have an Horde instalation with Kronolith 4.2.3, Imp 6.2.3 and
>> Horde 5.2.3.
>>
>>  When I create a new Event in Calendar and I put some attendees
>> from external domains (gmail.com for instance) the iTip
>> notification it is not send and "There was an error sending an
>> event notification to user at gmail.com: Message could not be
>> delivered- the address was not found, is unknown, or is not
>> receining messages" error message is displayed.
>>
>>  With a previous version 4.1.5 of Kronolith it was working.
>>
>>  I have made a little debug and it is like when kronolith try to
>> send the notification, the email server rejected it because it is
>> not authenticated. Server said "relay it is not permitted".
>>
>>  Are there any change in configuration that I need to adjust?
>>
>>  Thanks in advance.
>

> Sounds like you need to setup SMTP auth in your main horde config.

   Thank you very much, you are right.

   But it is some estrange, I write here for if it is usefull for
someone more. When I entered in Administration -> Configuration ->
Horde menu, and clicked in Mailer tab, the
$conf['mailer']['params']['username_auth'] and
$conf['mailer']['params']['password_auth'] was checked.

   But when I opened the config/conf.php file that parameters did not
exist. I put them into the file

   $conf['mailer']['params']['username_auth'] = true;
   $conf['mailer']['params']['password_auth'] = true;

   and now it is working again.

--
Vidal Carro García