[kronolith] Android syncing problems

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Wed Mar 18 08:46:38 UTC 2015

Zitat von David Benfell <benfell at parts-unknown.org>:

> Hi all,
>
> This seems like it shouldn't be anywhere near this difficult. I've
> been searching the web in vain for help on this.
>
> I think I'm having at least two problems with syncing with my Android
> phone:
>
> 1) Finding an app that will do two-way synchronization with Horde

Use Active Sync. It is included without needing any additional app in
nearly all smartphone today and you can sync calendar,mail,contacts
and tasks at once.

> 2) Figuring out a decently secure password that the Android app will
> present correctly

??
Not sure what you mean with this

> And maybe more. I don't know because I can't get past the initial
> input screen on the apps I was using with Owncloud when I try to sync
> with Horde kronolith or turba.

You have to take care what protocol the apps are using.

> What are people doing here?

We use Active Sync with a bunch of iOS and Android devices. It is the
first solution which worked reasonable well.

Regards

Andreas