[kronolith] Kronolith / sabredav: No basic authentication headers found

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Tue May 12 07:59:37 UTC 2015

Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

> Zitat von lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de:
>
>> Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:
>>
>>> Zitat von lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de:

>>> And *are* the headers actually missing, i.e. can those client not
>>> authenticate at all?
>>>

>> In fact they can authenticate, but they have to authenticate at
>> every request because the cookie ist not accepted. So we have a
>> constant re-authentication without session reuse :-(
>
> This is how CalDAV works. Or almost any REST API based on HTTP
> authentication.

Hm, ok. This lead to further questions:

- Why does Horde create a (expansive) session for CalDAV calls and
reply with a session cookie included if it is not used at all?

- How to get a decent performance without doing full blown
authentication/session creation on every request on the server?

We will start using CalDAV for a couple of users but with a single
Testuser doing CalDAV sync we get some hundred useless sessions on the
horde server already and the poor client is trying to use the provided
cookie on every request only to repeat it afterwards because of "401
Unauthorized" reply.

This could not be the way it is intended to work, no?

Regards

Andreas