[kronolith] rfc 6578 implemented ?

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Jul 14 14:05:17 UTC 2015

Quoting Uwe Nestmann <un.it at online.de>:

> Hi,
>
> I try to use the “BusyCal” app on Mac OS 10.9.5 (Mavericks) to sync
> with calendars under Horde v5.2.1.
>
> While the built-in “Calendar” syncs both ways, BusyCal only manages
> to get its own-written entries sync’ed to the CalDAV server. Any
> entries defined using the Horde web interface or other clients are
> not seen by BusyCal. Such entries can be made seen by BusyCal via an
> unsubscribe-resubscribe action, but this is obviously nothing to do
> every couple of minutes.
>
> I contacted the BusyCal developers who then replied that they expect
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6578 to be implemented, as it is
> supposed to be (much?) more efficient.
>
> This, my question is whether rfc 6578 is already implemented in
> Kronolith in more recent versions of Horde, or whether it ever will
> be. I have checked archives, FAQ, and other web resources, but to no
> avail.

Our WebDav support is provided by the "SabreDav" library. This was
implemented in version 2.x of that library. Horde, however is
currently using version 1. There is, however an open pull request on
Github (https://github.com/horde/horde/pull/135) that supposedly
updates Horde from 1.x to 2.x. No idea when this will be officially
included in Horde though. At the very soonest, not until Horde 6.

--
mike
The Horde Project