[kronolith] calendar invites cannot be added to my calendar

Chris Fisichella chris at communityrenewables.com
Thu Jan 7 16:44:41 UTC 2016

> Quoting Chris Fisichella <chris at communityrenewables.com>:
>
>> Quoting Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

>> calendar
>>>
>>> What version?
>>>
>>> What does your horde log say at the moment you accept the invitation?
>>>
>>> What does the webserver error log say?
>>>
>>> Are your database schemas up to date?
>>>
>>> Have you searched the web on the rampage_users portion of the error?
>>>
>>> Simon
>>
>> "It's not really related to the invitation, but to the system that
stores
>> tags. It looks like a case sensitivity issue. Most likely you have
logged
>> in as "chris" and now are logging in as "Chris".
>>
>> --
>> mike
>> The Horde Project"

>> Simon, Mike,
>>
>> Thanks for replying.
>> I am running Kronolith H5 4.2.2.
>>
>> Where is the Horde log? I also don't know where my webserver log is. In
>> addition, I don't know how to check if my database schemas are up to
>> date.
>> Finally, I did not search for rampage_users. Those are all good ideas
and
>> I'll get going on them.
>>
>> Mike,
>>
>> I see what you are saying about "Chris". Where is Kronolith picking that
>> up? My log in to the linux box is
>>
>> "chris" and I log into Horde as "chris." I looked at the invitation and
>> it
>> says "chris at communityrenewables.com"
>
> At some point in the past you must have logged in as "Chris", and this
> just happens to be the username that was in use when the Content system
> added your username to the rampage_users table. In your case your SQL
> system is case insensitive, but since the equality checks in PHP *are*
> case sensitive, this screws things up.
>
> If your authentication backend is case insensitive, you should be using
> the authusername hook to normalize them. See horde/config/hooks.php.  In
> the meantime, you can alter the entry in the rampage_users table to be
> all lowercase.
>
> --
> mike
> The Horde Project
> http://www.horde.org
> https://www.facebook.com/hordeprojecthttps://www.twitter.com/hordeproject

Hi Mike,

That was really cool to see that authusername function, example #2 ready to
go. I uncommented it inside of the Horde_xxxx class. I uncommented the
closing brace, so I think the function is live. I did some web searching
and there is a lot of coverage on making preferences active by enabling
them in the prefs file. Will authusername automatically run? I am still
seeing the error, so I think there is a little more work to do. Would you
mind pointing me in the right direction?

Best,
Chris