[kronolith] calendar invites cannot be added to my calendar

Chris Fisichella chris at communityrenewables.com
Sat Jan 9 01:29:05 UTC 2016

> Quoting Chris Fisichella <chris at communityrenewables.com>:
>
>> Quoting Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

>> stores
>>
>> logged

In

>> and

>>> At some point in the past you must have logged in as "Chris", and this
>>> just happens to be the username that was in use when the Content system
>>> added your username to the rampage_users table. In your case your SQL
>>> system is case insensitive, but since the equality checks in PHP *are*
>>> case sensitive, this screws things up.
>>>
>>> If your authentication backend is case insensitive, you should be using
>>> the authusername hook to normalize them. See horde/config/hooks.php.
In

https://www.facebook.com/hordeprojecthttps://www.twitter.com/hordeproject

>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> That was really cool to see that authusername function, example #2
>> ready to
>> go. I uncommented it inside of the Horde_xxxx class. I uncommented the
>> closing brace, so I think the function is live. I did some web searching
>> and there is a lot of coverage on making preferences active by enabling
>> them in the prefs file. Will authusername automatically run?
>
> Yes, it should. You can always verify this by placing something like:
>
> Horde::debug('foo'); in that method. This will output 'foo' into a file
> called horde_debug.txt in your tmp directory.
>
>> I am still
>> seeing the error, so I think there is a little more work to do. Would
you
>> mind pointing me in the right direction?
>
> Well, did you normalize the already-existing entry in the rampage_users
> table?
>
> --
> mike
> The Horde Project
> http://www.horde.org
> https://www.facebook.com/hordeprojecthttps://www.twitter.com/hordeproject

Hi Mike,

That debug trick is really cool! Indeed, the function is running. I am
still getting the error. Does this mean I need to edit the rampage_users
table? I have never done that. It sounds like a mysql effort. Do I have to
do that, or can the hook do that for me?

Best,
Chris