[kronolith] Call to a member function addException() on a non-object

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Feb 9 14:45:06 UTC 2016

Zitat von Michael Menge <michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de>:

> Hi,
>
> one of our users has tries to accept and add an event received via
> iCal invitation mail.
> This action failed with the following error in Kronolith 4.2.11
>
> call to a member function addException() on a non-object in
> /var/www/html/horde/kronolith/lib/Event.php on line 1447, referer:
> https://webmail.uni-tuebingen.de/imp/dynamic.php?page=mailbox
>
> Google found the following thread that might be related in some
> parts, but I couldn't find a bug-ticket
> http://lists.horde.org/archives/horde/Week-of-Mon-20150727/054580.html
>

> Digging into this I suspect Kronolith failed to Pares the
> RECURRENCE-ID and could not set originaldt.
>
> Quoting /var/www/html/horde/kronolith/lib/Event.php line 1440:1441
>> $recurrenceid = $vEvent->getAttribute('RECURRENCE-ID');
>> $originaldt = new Horde_Date($recurrenceid);
>
> The iCal attachment contains the following RECURRENCE-ID:
>
> RECURRENCE-ID;TZID=W. Europe Standard Time:20160503T140000
>
> So I have the following questions:
>
> 1. is "W. Europe Standard Time" a valid value for TZID? I suspect not.

Any TZID is valid, because it's just a label.

> 2. which package/file/RFC contains the known/allowed TZID

We do support the Olson timezone names (see IANA) and the Windows and
Lotus aliases, see Horde/Date.php.

> 3. is there a work around?

No.

> 4. should Kronolith catch this error?

Yes. This may happen if we come across an exception of a recurring
event, and can find the base event, but that base event no longer is a
recurring event. Please file a ticket.

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project