[kronolith] Event notification from another user private calendar

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Feb 17 17:08:53 UTC 2016

Quoting Jens Wahnes <wahnes at uni-koeln.de>:

> On Tue, Feb 16 2016, at 11:49:41 -0200, Luis Felipe Marzagao wrote:
>
>> Em 15/02/2016 11:47, Luis Felipe Marzagao escreveu:
>>> Hello:
>>>
>>> I´ve just been notified in kronolith (the orange bottom-right box) about
>>> an event that was created by another user in his private calendar.
>>>
>>> I do not have access to that calendar. It´s not listed in my shared
>>> calendars.
>>>
>>> If I click on the event name at the orange notification box I get a
>>> "Event not found" error (red box). Probably because I don´t have access
>>> to that event, as expected, since it´s private for that user.
>>>
>>> We are using kronolith 4.2.14.
>>
>> Today it has happened again.
>
> I didn't notice this on our test server, but since we updated our main
> server to the latest versions of Horde (including Kronolith 4.2.15),
> this is happening to us as well.
>
> The problem seems to stem from the horde-alarms script being run (a
> cronjob in our case). After the update, the horde-alarms script
> consumes way more memory than before and takes ages to run (before:
> less than a second, after the upgrade: more than a minute).

There was a bug in the code that polls each application for alarms. We
weren't actually polling the applications at all in certain cases.
This commit:

https://github.com/horde/horde/commit/4b482074340bf4e7ddc469d69172c5c0a2c761f8

fixed the issue, and probably explains the longer execution time,
since each application is now actually polled. I'm not seeing your
other issue, but will look into it further.

--
mike
The Horde Project