[kronolith] Calendar syncing issues

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Apr 5 12:06:32 UTC 2016

Re-adding the mailing list in CC for the remainder of the discussion.

Quoting John H. Bennett III <bennettj at thebennetthome.com>:

> Quoting Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>
>> Quoting John H. Bennett III <bennettj at thebennetthome.com>:

>>> I'm sorry about that.  I am using Activesync.  My mobile device is
>>> a Galaxy S6, with Android 6.0.1, Android security patch level
>>> February 1, 2016.
>>
>> Then, yes. Please provide a synclog showing both a successful and
>> unsuccessful attempt.
>>

>>> Part of my horde/conf.php
>>> $conf['activesync']['params']['driverconfig'] = 'horde';
>>> $conf['activesync']['storage'] = 'Sql';
>>> $conf['activesync']['emailsync'] = true;
>>> $conf['activesync']['version'] = '14.1';
>>> $conf['activesync']['auth']['type'] = 'basic';
>>> $conf['activesync']['autodiscovery'] = 'user';
>>> $conf['activesync']['outlookdiscovery'] = false;
>>> $conf['activesync']['ping']['heartbeatmin'] = 60;
>>> $conf['activesync']['ping']['heartbeatmax'] = 2700;
>>> $conf['activesync']['ping']['heartbeatdefault'] = 480;
>>> $conf['activesync']['ping']['deviceping'] = true;
>>> $conf['activesync']['ping']['waitinterval'] = 5;
>>> $conf['activesync']['enabled'] = true;
>>> $conf['activesync']['logging']['type'] = false;
>>>
>>> John
>>>
>>> --
>>

>> --
>> mike
>> The Horde Project
>> http://www.horde.org
>> https://www.facebook.com/hordeproject
>> https://www.twitter.com/hordeproject
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> Thank you for looking at the sync log.  2 files attached.  The first
> file, I added event on my phone, then did a sync.  It shows up on my
> personal calendar.  Second file done on Kronolith, event doesn't
> show up.  None of the previous events I had on my personal calendar
> are showing up.  One recurring event I've had on there for close to
> 2 years.

This is weird:

016-04-04T23:01:49-05:00 INFO: [2596] Initializing message diff engine
for Ab2ed48a2 (@Tasks@)
2016-04-04T23:01:49-05:00 INFO: [2596]
Horde_Core_ActiveSync_Driver::getSyncStamp(@Tasks@, 42915);
2016-04-04T23:01:49-05:00 INFO: [2596] Using SYNCSTAMP 42915 for Ab2ed48a2.
2016-04-04T23:01:49-05:00 INFO: [2596]
Horde_Core_ActiveSync_Driver::getServerChanges(@Tasks@, 42915, 42915,
1452571309, 0, 1, 100, )

Somehow the collection id of Ab2ed48a2 is supposed to be for your
calendar, but it is being translated server side in some places as
tasks. This would definitely cause problems, as it is causing Horde to
poll Nag for changes when it should be polling Kronolith. I will have
to look into this further to see how this could have happened.

> On my Calendar, I have my personal one, and one that is shared with
> my family.  The family one is syncing only if others add events to
> the calendar.  If I add them from Kronolith, nothing shows up on my
> phone on either calendar.

This would be the result of the issue above.

> On my preferences, if I set sync preferences to share my additional
> calendar, which is the family calendar, then everything disappears
> from my device.

This is expected. Well, it should disappear but then it should resync.
It's necessary because when you are not using "separate calendars"
then the events from the newly added sync_prefs calendars would never
be sent since they are not really "changes" (all events from selected
calendars are "multiplexed" together so it looks like a single
calendar on the client). When using separate calendars, the newly
added sync_prefs calendar is caught as a new folder during the next
FOLDERSYNC.