[kronolith] horde/rpc.php/principals/user/ empty since some releases

Christoph Haas chhaas-ml at ukbw.de
Wed Apr 6 05:11:51 UTC 2016

----- Nachricht von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> ---------
   Datum: Tue, 05 Apr 2016 21:49:27 +0200
     Von: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
Betreff: Re: [kronolith] horde/rpc.php/principals/user/ empty since
some releases
      An: kronolith at lists.horde.org

> Zitat von Christoph Haas <chhaas-ml at ukbw.de>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> these days I wanted to setup a new smartphone for DAV-sync of
>> calendars, contacts and tasks. But I did not succeed.
>>
>> Investigations via web-browser revealed that the
>> horde/rpc.php/principals/user/ was empty.
>> Thus the directories horde/rpc.php/calendars/user etc. are filled
>> with the correct data.
>> user here is a placeholder for the real username.
>>
>> I have the same results on two different Horde-installations. One
>> upgraded to 5.2.12 since horde 4, the other a brand new
>> installation with horde 5.2.13.
>>
>> I saw there was a long time ago tickets 12246 and 12275 in which
>> the subject were empty principal-directories also, but I know the
>> principals worked for me about 1,5 years ago, where I configured
>> another smartphone for sync.
>>
>> Has anybody a clue what happened and how to fix this situation? Of
>> course as a workaround I can configure calendars, addressbooks and
>> tasks seperately, but with working principals this was much more
>> easy :-(
>>
>> TIA
>> Christoph.
>> --
>> Christoph Haas
>> email: chhaas-ml at ukbw.de
>
> There is nothing wrong with that. Those directories don't hold any
> objects, just metadata.
>
> --
> Jan Schneider
> The Horde Project
> http://www.horde.org/
----- Ende der Nachricht von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> -----
hello Jan,

but, when I try to setup a new DAV-account with the principals-method
on my smartphones (Android with DAVdroid), I get on different
smartphones for both horde-installations mentioned above, an error
that says there are no resources available.

If I do it with the explicit specification of the calendar or
addresbook that should be synced, it works... - so there _are_
resources available - they are just not shown doing the
principals-method :-(

And I can tell for sure, that the principals-method worked for me some
time ago.

Cheers
Christoph.

--