[kronolith] Changing event start date/time

Philipp Faeustlin Philipp.Faeustlin at uni-hohenheim.de
Thu Apr 28 14:48:57 UTC 2016

Am 27.04.2016 um 17:42 schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:

> Quoting Philipp Faeustlin <Philipp.Faeustlin at uni-hohenheim.de>:

>>> It's validated in javascript when the field loses focus and checked
>>> again when the event is saved. If the form field is not parse-able into
>>> a date value, the event is not allowed to be saved. I just tested this
>>> again on the demo site at demo.horde.org and it works as expected.
>>
>> I can reproduce it, also on the demo site.
>> I tested it with user "demo".
>> I added a new calender "ChangingEvent" in this calendar I add an event
>> "Event unable to change" with empty startdate and starttime.
>
> That's the thing, I can't add an event with an empty startdate and/or
> starttime. There is a bubble notification in the lower left that tells
> me what is wrong, and the event form won't save/close until this is
> fixed. I just tried this on the demo site. I don't know how you are
> saving the event, though it obviously did save since I see the event there.
>
> Tested on latest FF, Chrome, and Safari.
As you can see I did some more testing and had no problem repeating that
fault.

Test System was Win 7 Enterprise SP1 with Firefox 43 and later updated
to Firefox 46. I disable any Popup Blocking and there are no Plugins.

The problem is only located on from date field.
I can enter "xyz" then I get a message in the lower right about bad
format and then I'm unable to save it until I insert some valid date.
After entering the valid date switching focus to description and then
marking the "from date field" and pressing "DEL" on Keyboard. I can
focus where ever I want there is no more error message and the event
will save in this faulty state.