[kronolith] Newbie question: Horde groupware 5.2.6 and Calendar interface

Chris Grant yabedude at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 21:40:08 UTC 2016

I have a concern regarding the functionality of accepting a calendar
invitation.  This morning, as an end user, I accepted an invitation that
was originally sent to 274 recipients a week ago.  I had opened the email
with the invitation and chose 'Accept' from the listbox at the bottom of
the email in Horde email.  However, I had no idea that Horde was then
immediately sending an email to all of the 274 recipients with the
following type of content:

*"<my name with no brackets> wishes to make you aware of "Demonstration:
New Data Advice and Data Delivery Website".*
It then inclucluded all the original email content.

It never saved a copy of that email in the sent directory/folder and I only
found out that it had even emailed everyone, rather than just the original
sender, until I started seeing 'out of office' responses and getting email
from others on the list explaining that they already knew of the meeting
(from a week ago).

Imagine the confusion by many recipients when they get this strange email
from a consultant that they don't know.  Some of them replied to ask who I
am and do I represent the meeting host organization.  I was dumb founded.

Is this blind response to all invitees by design? I use MS Outlook also
(for many years) and I'm fairly confident that it only replies to the
original sender and only if I chose that option in Outlook.  If I chose
simply to 'accept', then no reply is even sent.

Now I'm very apprehensive to use Horde calendar to accept invitations
because I don't seem to have any control over what is sent and to whom and
certainly don't have a record of anything even being sent.

Can anyone shed some light on this please?

Thank you.
Chris