[kronolith] how to disable publication of free/busy info

Zibeli Aton zibeli at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 7 22:37:51 UTC 2016

I have been searching for a way to disable Kronolith's publication of users' free/busy information and so far have not succeeded in finding a good way to do this from within the application itself.  I do find the accepted ticket #4050 ( https://bugs.horde.org/ticket/4050 ) but it shows no status change since it was accepted in 2008.

At present I've disabled access to the information by removing webserver read permissions for the fb.php file, but to avoid ugly php errors and enable easier tracking of what ips are trying to access the free/busy urls will probably replace this with some apache magic to redirect requests for fb.php instead.  I don't consider either a good solution, as both are vulnerable to changes in future updates and leave misleading options in the user preferences, so I was wondering if there was some option I missed or if somebody had found a better way.

I'll admit I am apparently a vanishing breed who actually cares about privacy, but I can't be the last one left!  ;)