[kronolith] Kronolith H5 (4.2.23) (final)

Jens Wahnes wahnes at uni-koeln.de
Mon Sep 25 18:21:05 UTC 2017

Hi,

Jan Schneider wrote:
> The Horde Team is pleased to announce the final release of the Kronolith
> Calendar Application version H5 (4.2.23).

>      * Small bugfixes.

after upgrading to version 4.2.23, we saw a ton of error messages in the
log file like this:

NOTICE: HORDE [kronolith] PHP ERROR: Undefined offset: 0 [pid 28313 on
line 799 of "[...]/kronolith/lib/Event.php"]

This seems to be an error introduced by this commit:

https://github.com/horde/horde/commit/72560bfc1e01282cec6e9c8fdbdebfbe39a5809f#diff-89c46998429999e8bfbc8f5d372bf0d0

 From my perspective, it looks like there two things wrong with this code:

1. The right parenthesis seems to be at the wrong spot when calling count().
2. The assumption that an array with only one element will have that
element at position 0 does not hold.

So I tried to fix that for myself, changing the code in
kronolith/lib/Event.php around line 799 to read

             // Tags
             if ($this->tags) {
                 if (count($this->tags) == 1) {
                     $vEvent->setAttribute('CATEGORIES',
current($this->_tags));
                 } else {
                     $vEvent->setAttribute('CATEGORIES', '', array(),
true, $this->tags);
                 }
             }

This does in fact help to make the error messages in the log file go
away, but it's probably not a good idea to access "$this->_tags"
directly instead of "$this->tags". Can someone help me find a better way
to do it?

When using Horde::debug($this->tags), I could see examples of what this
array looks like, e.g.:

array(1) {
   [242]=>
   string(10) "Geburtstag"
}

array(1) {
   [283]=>
   string(6) "Urlaub"
}

So that's why accessing $this->tags[0] does not work.

The same problem with tags and CalDAV categories appears to be present
in nag as well.

With nag, we also saw lots of error messages in the log file that go
like this:

HORDE [nag] PHP ERROR: Undefined offset: 0 [pid 11411 on line 1245 of
"[...]/nag/lib/Task.php"]

But I can't really tell what commit this nag issue is related to or how
to fix it. Is the priorityMap just missing an entry at index 0, i.e. "0
=> 0"? I didn't want to fiddle with it because I don't understand what
these magic values do.

Jens