[kronolith] Recurring events with RDATE

Jens Wahnes wahnes at uni-koeln.de
Thu Dec 14 10:29:05 UTC 2017

When trying to import an event from an ICS file that uses RDATE to
define multiple occurrences of that event, only the "first" event is
shown in Kronolith.  That is, the later dates where the event is to
reoccur are silently dropped upon import.  It seems that Kronolith does
not support recurring events that do not follow a regular scheme (e.g.
weekly or bi-weekly, defined via RRULE in an ICS file).  Is that
observation correct?  I couldn't find a way to create such events
(non-RRULE reoccuring events) in the GUI, so it might be obvious that
Kronolith does not support this, but then I also might be missing something.

Thinking about this, I came to the conclusion that it would probably be
possible to simulate reoccurring events that to not follow a clear
repetition rule just by using the means that Kronolith provides already.
This could be done e.g. by having a daily reoccurence and lots of
exceptions to that, but that would be rather ugly, IMHO.

On a side note, I noticed that when IMP displays an email with an
invitation to a recurring (RRULE) event, there is a printf placeholder
"%x" in the event preview that is not filled.  See the attached image
for an example.  Is this a known bug or should I report this to the bug
tracker?

Jens