[kronolith] Recurring events with RDATE

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Dec 25 04:15:54 UTC 2017

Quoting Jens Wahnes <wahnes at uni-koeln.de>:

> When trying to import an event from an ICS file that uses RDATE to
> define multiple occurrences of that event, only the "first" event is
> shown in Kronolith.  That is, the later dates where the event is to
> reoccur are silently dropped upon import.  It seems that Kronolith
> does not support recurring events that do not follow a regular
> scheme (e.g. weekly or bi-weekly, defined via RRULE in an ICS file).
>  Is that observation correct?  I couldn't find a way to create such
> events (non-RRULE reoccuring events) in the GUI, so it might be
> obvious that Kronolith does not support this, but then I also might
> be missing something.

This is correct. Kronolith, and the underlaying Horde_Date library, do
not currently support these type of arbitrary occurrences.

> Thinking about this, I came to the conclusion that it would probably
> be possible to simulate reoccurring events that to not follow a
> clear repetition rule just by using the means that Kronolith
> provides already. This could be done e.g. by having a daily
> reoccurence and lots of exceptions to that, but that would be rather
> ugly, IMHO.

Extremely ugly, and not really maintainable since EVERY day between
two occurrences would have to be an exception.

> On a side note, I noticed that when IMP displays an email with an
> invitation to a recurring (RRULE) event, there is a printf
> placeholder "%x" in the event preview that is not filled.  See the
> attached image for an example.  Is this a known bug or should I

Yes, please report this bug in the tracker and be sure to include the
version numbers of the installed applications.

--
mike
The Horde Project