[kronolith] Calendar entries in wrong calendar

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Tue Mar 20 12:22:56 UTC 2018

Citeren Jens Grüntjes <jens.gruentjes at ebira.de>:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have a strange problem with some user's calendars. The strange
> thing is that, if user a accepts an invitation from a mail sent to
> him, the calendar entry is generated in user b's calendar.
>
> We investigated this a bit and found out the following: user a
> logged in into Horde sometimes with uppercase username "A" and
> sometimes with lowercase username "a". There were two calendars for
> the user, one of which could be accessed by "a" and the other one
> accessible by "A".

Not a solution to this problem, but if your authentication backend is
not case sensitive, it makes sense to convert every username upon
login to lower case to prevent situations like this from the start
(Horde is case sensitive as you've already noticed). See the example
in 'horde/config/hooks.php.dist' (the USERNAME HOOK).