[kronolith] Calendar entries in wrong calendar

Jens Grüntjes jens.gruentjes at ebira.de
Tue Apr 17 06:40:54 UTC 2018

Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

> Zitat von Jens Grüntjes <jens.gruentjes at ebira.de>:

>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> I have a strange problem with some user's calendars. The strange
>>> thing is that, if user a accepts an invitation from a mail sent to
>>> him, the calendar entry is generated in user b's calendar.
>>>
>>> We investigated this a bit and found out the following: user a
>>> logged in into Horde sometimes with uppercase username "A" and
>>> sometimes with lowercase username "a". There were two calendars
>>> for the user, one of which could be accessed by "a" and the other
>>> one accessible by "A".
>>>
>>> We looked into the database and found the two different calendars.
>>> We then modified the database entries (in table kronolith_events)
>>> so that every event for calendar "A" was moved to calendar "a".
>>> After logging in as "a" every event from calendar "A" appeared in
>>> calendar "a". When the user creates a new event this is correctly
>>> created in his calendar. But when the user accepts invitatiobs
>>> sent by mail then these events are created inside the calendar
>>> from user b. User a doesn't even have permissions to write in user
>>> b's calendar.
>>>
>>> BTW: User b has almost the same problem when accepting invitations
>>> by mail. His entries are generated in user c's calendar. But I
>>> guess this is closelay related to my first problem.
>>>
>>> Did I misconfigure something in Horde or did I break something by
>>> updating the database entries mannually?
>>>

>>> Thanks for your help
>>> Jens
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> any hints on this?
>>
>> Greetings
>> Jens
>
> Other than confirming that this sounds weird, unfortunately not.
>
> --
> Jan Schneider
> The Horde Project
> https://www.horde.org/

Yesterday I sent user user a an appointment from my privat
gmail-account. He accepted the appointment and the event was entered
in his calendar, i.e. working as expected.
In older appointments from one of our customers this is still not
working. These appointments are not only sent to user b but also to
users b and c. Can that be a reason for this strange behaviour in my
case?

Some of these appointments have been redirected to user a, i.e. he is
not a direct recipient of the mail. Maybe another strange thing.

I apologize for this wild guessing but I'm really trying to find a solution.

Can you maybe tell me where to start debugging? When user a accepts an
appointment I would like to know which calendar is chosen for
inserting the event. But maybe this is the wrnog way.

As last resort I would try to export existing calendar entries, delete
the calendar and create a new one for user a. Hoping that afterwards
appointments are inserted into the right calendar.

--
Greetings
Jens