[kronolith] How to disable remote calendar

Jens Wahnes wahnes at uni-koeln.de
Mon Jun 3 18:14:03 UTC 2019

winnertako wrote:
> Is there any way to disable the option to add remote calendars?
>
> I've tried to search on configuration but i didn't see anything to disable
> that features.

remote calendars are a user preference and can be disabled by locking
the preference, just like with other Horde preferences. Of course, one
could debate if it were better to have an option to enable or disable
remote calendars for certain users through the Permissions system, but
currently, that's just not the case.

So to disable remote calendars for all users, you may edit (or create)
.../kronolith/config/prefs.local.php to read like this:

<?php

$_prefs['remote_cals']['value']  = 'a:0:{}';
$_prefs['remote_cals']['locked'] = 1;

Please note, however, that doing so will only disable remote calendars
for users logging in after this change has been done and it does not
affect users which already have a remote calendar set.  To get rid of
existing remote calendars, you will have to remove these individual
remote calenders from preferences storage. In the most common case of a
MySQL database, this could be done with an SQL statement like "DELETE
FROM horde_prefs WHERE pref_name='remote_cals' AND pref_scope='kronolith'".

On a side note, I'd also suggest to re-think if this is really
necessary. I think remote calendars are a great way for power users to
have all of their different calendars displayed in one place. I can
hardly see why one needs to disable this feature altogether.

Jens