[kronolith] kronolith-import-icals: Permission Denied

Robin Bankhead horde at headbank.co.uk
Wed Oct 30 02:53:34 UTC 2019

Hello,

I am trying to use the kronolith-import-icals script to import some
generated iCalendar events into my calendar, calling like so:

my-script-that-outputs-icals | /usr/bin/kronolith-import-icals
"Calendar of myloginname" myloginname

"myloginname" is the administrator account on the local horde-webmail
install, and is using the IMAP server (dovecot) as auth.

I get this error:

   Fatal Error:
   Call to undefined method Horde_Exception_PermissionDenied::toString()
   In /usr/bin/kronolith-import-icals on line 48

Looking at the exception behind the error, is there something else I
need to maybe add to that script to supply (or bypass) auth?  Or is
this script simply a vestigial thing no longer expected to work
anyway?  (If so, I would like to get some advice on how to perform the
same task in my own script.)

Thanks for any info.

Robin Bankhead