[kronolith] Calendar Subscriptions options

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 10:34:25 UTC 2023

On Sat, 14 Jan 2023 at 15:54, Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> wrote:

> Quoting Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:
>
> > On Thu, 29 Dec 2022 at 09:22, Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hallo List,
> >>
> >>  Calendar (kronolith) 4.2.27
> >>  Horde (horde) 5.2.21
> >>
> >> or
> >>  Calendar (kronolith) 5.0.0-git.
> >>  Horde (horde) 6.0.0-git
> >> (last pulled in about October)
> >>
> >> Recently, Outlook 2016 stated playing nicely with the EAS option, and
> >> mails (excluding Drafts for some reason) and address book are
> >> synchronising well.  Calendar remains an issue.  Although the
> >> ActiveSync page shows it being requested...
> >>
> >> Collection id:Aed98e579
> >> Class:Calendar
> >> Server Id:Calendar:tq9bEM1jy93CgTueMswTqlF
> >> Last synckey:{63ac27c9-b02c-40ad-9f38-526700000000}95
> >>
> >> (But it also shows the device as Not Provisioned - Outlook Mobile,
> >> which does show as Provisioned seems to work fine)
> >>
> >> To overcome this until I have some time to do debugging and device
> >> logs, I tried to subscribe to the calendar using one of the
> >> subscription options.
> >>
> >> CalDAV Subscription URL — Subscribe to this calendar from another
> >> calendar program
> >> CalDAV Account URL — Subscribe to all your calendars from another
> >> calendar program
> >> WebDAV/ICS Subscription URL — Subscribe to this calendar from another
> >> calendar program
> >> Feed URL — Subscribe from a feed reader
> >>
> >> Absolutely none of them work :)
> >>
> >> Taking the WebDAV/ICS Subscription URL option, I get a URL like:
> >>
> >> https://webmail.myserver.net/../kronolith/../rpc.php/kronolith/user@domain.com/tq9bEM1jy93CgTueMswTqlF.ics
> >
> > I have a further issue..  Whilst debugging this, I noticed several
> > inconsistencies with the calendar entries (probably due to a mish-mash
> > of clients over the years).  To fix this, I exported the entries out
> > of the DB, fixed them locally, dropped all the entries and reimported
> > them.
> >
> > Kronolith shows ALL the entries (550+ - with about 30% recurring
> > entries) - but when I click on the "Export ICS file: Calendar ICS
> > file" in the export tab, I get a blank .ics file!
> >
> > However, if I view a calendar entry - and SAVE it (even without making
> > changes), then it appears in the .ics file download...
> >
> > Obviously I would rather not do this for 550+ entries.   Is there
> > something I can execute on the backend to make all the visible
> > appointments appear in the downloadable .ics file?
>

> How did you "export the entries out of the DB" and "reimport" them
> after dumping them from the database?

Hi Mike,

Using phpMyAdmin, I did an ODS export and import.

I have done this before (with this calendar) and did not have this
issue.   I know it is probably not the best way, but it is the most
useful way for debugging..  The event_id field appears to be
automatically regenerated when doing it this way (but the event_uuid
stays the same).

It was necessary, because something in the calendar was preventing
Outlook from synchronising (found and fixed it) and that was
preventing Outlook from moving on and synchronising the Contacts
(which started to flow as soon as I dumped the calendar entries from
the DB).

Regards

Simon

Regards