[mimp] mimp not detecting (my) WAP client propertly

David Nelson horde at david-nelson.com
Sun May 25 17:24:49 PDT 2003

Hello,

I'm back.  I installed Horde, Imp and Mimp from CVS.  I used the "composite"
authentication solution previously posted.  It works great with a regular
browser and also a WAP Emulator.  When I try to use my phone to access, however,
it does not work - the phone returns a "data too large" error.

I can see in Apache's access_log that the phone client is reaching the server,
but is requesting the IMP login page instead of the MIMP login page.  Any ideas?
 My phone client seems to be using reporting the user agent string of

"MOT-76/02.01 UP.Browser/4.1.26m.737 UP.Link/4.2.3.5c"

It is a Motorola i90c phone on the Nextel IDEN network.

Many thanks!
David