[mimp] sprint PCS Vision

Ben Chavet ben at chavet.net
Wed Jan 28 11:21:53 PST 2004

I've been using mimp on my PCS vision-enabled phone for the past 3-4 weeks.
It's very nice being able to check my email from wherever I am.

There is one thing that kind of bugs me about the mailbox listing, though: it
uses tables.  This is all well and good on a display that's wide enough, but my
phone has a pretty narrow display, so my mailboxes show up something like this:

Quarantine 1 to
20 of 20 | Menu
     From  Subje
           ct
+N   VALER [SPAM
     T at sch ]
     ...   Syman
           tec
           Mail.
           ..
+N   Micro Last
     soft  Secur
           ity
           Up...

etc...

Maybe instead of tables, we could use spaces to line things up since this is
targeted towards text displays. It's not a big deal, I'm able to cope with
it...heck, I'm just thrilled that I can use my phone for email :)  Just
something to think about.

--Ben