[mimp] mimp / imp / horde authentication

Ben Poliakoff benp at reed.edu
Fri Jul 30 11:14:39 PDT 2004

I've been very excited to add MIMP to our existing Horde/IMP (CVS HEAD)
installation.  MIMP is a great addition to our webmail offerings.  How
many people are using it?

Is there any way to have MIMP and IMP installed in the same Horde
instance without having to have double logins for either MIMP or IMP?

We currently use IMP as the authenticator for Horde, with the following
lines in horde/config/conf.php:

    $conf['auth']['params']['app'] = 'imp';
    $conf['auth']['driver'] = 'application';

Without doing this one would have to log in twice (once for Horde and
once for IMP), correct?

Our existing IMP login page is geared towards "normal" usage (i.e.
modern browser, colors, style sheets, etc).

On the other hand, the login page for MIMP is much better suited for
mobile devices.

Do I have to install a separate Horde instance to run a MIMP that only
uses it's own login page?

Ben

Ben Poliakoff                                     email: benp at reed.edu
Reed College                                        tel:  503-788-6674
Unix System Administrator                          PGP key: 0x6AF52019
PGP fingerprint:    A131 F813 7A0F C5B7 E74D  C972 9118 A94D 6AF5 2019