[mimp] Re: mimp login problem

Andy McDuffie andy at big-science.com
Tue Sep 14 09:38:12 PDT 2004

I'm still trying to set up mimp for mobile users at my site.  I have the CVS
HEAD version of horde and imp up and running already.  When I use IMP as the
default auth handler everything works fine.  However, when I set MIMP as the
default auth handler, my IMAP server returns a "bad username or password"
error regardless of what phone or WAP emulator I try to login from.

If I peek in at the $_SESSION['mimp'] array contents in
horde/mimp/lib/MIMP.php it seems properly populated, however the encrypted
password representation seems vary widely depending upon what flavor of
phone or WAP emulator I'm attempting to login from. Is there a password
encryption config option for MIMP that I'm missing somewhere? Ought these
not be the same?

Any feedback much appreciated

- Andy