[mimp] motorola browser

Vyacheslav Klimov admin at aldems.lv
Sat Jan 21 10:17:08 PST 2006

Hello,
Thanks for great product.
Using composite login, had to add following to Horde/Browser.php

} elseif (strpos($this->_agent, 'MOT-E398') !== false) {
                $this->setBrowser('motorola');
                $this->setFeature('html', false);
                $this->setFeature('javascript', false);
                $this->setFeature('hdml');
                $this->setFeature('wml');
                $this->_mobile = true;
to get Motorola E398 browser work.

I guess it possible to add something like this:

} elseif (strpos($this->_agent, 'MOT-') !== false) {
                $this->setBrowser('motorola');
                $this->setFeature('html', false);
                $this->setFeature('javascript', false);
                $this->setFeature('hdml');
                $this->setFeature('wml');
                $this->_mobile = true;

because all motorola browsers have such letters in their agent string,
so it will work for all motorola mobile phones as well.

I was able to login, but it doesn't show a menu. As answered
previously in mailing list archives, MIMP should show menu only on
request, but it seems that there is no such button like "Options" etc.
so I didn't managed to get a menu (so there is no opportunity to
compose a message...) in my mobile (Motorola E398). Is this a motorola
browsers fault or it could be corrected somehow?

Also, Opera Mini (which I have as J2ME application installed) didn't
manage to do a trick because HORDE identifies it like normal browser,
and, accordingly, shows IMP login page. Opera Mini has following agent
string:
Opera/8.01 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/1.0.1520/HiFi; mobile phone; no; U; ssr)