[mnemo] Category selection for summary view (Options->Display Options) breaks indefinitely when categories are ''selected''

christopher pickert cpickert at t3inc.us
Tue Jun 8 17:24:13 PDT 2004

To the horde:

In the recent category changes w/ mnemo, the abilility to select which
categories are shown in the summary view appeared in the display
options. Unfortunately, there's a snag in that notes are /only
/displayed when all categories are left in the 'available' table (left
hand), with no categories actually 'selected'. Upon selection of just
one category, the summary view breaks.. Thinking it was maybe 'inverted'
logic (being that with all available, notes show on summary - but w/ a
category 'selected', the note doesn't show.) I tried "keeping" the
category I wanted shown on the 'available' side and 'selecting' the
categories I /didn't /want. The backwards logic was not the case, as it
breaks either way.

One interesting part is when all notepads are left 'available' and no
actual notes exist, the summary shows ''/no notes" /text. When a
category is selected, instead of showing the "/no notes/" text, it's
simply blank.

PS- I realize the ability to turn off/on which notepads are 'summarized'
by being in mnemo and using the "*" dropdown like IMP's folders, which
is very nice. Just didn't want to let you all think I mieed that part of
the changes and that's where I was having the hangup.

Thanks, as always!!

-- Chris Pickert