[nag] Help installing nag

Harkin Banks harkinbanks83 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 01:15:44 UTC 2008

I am having problems installing nag (h3/v2.3.1).  I have done my best to follow the instructions at
http://www.horde.org/nag/docs/?f=INSTALL.html
I see the following error message in horde.log after I try to create a tasks list:
Dec 10 18:56:56 HORDE [error] [nag] 0 does not exist [on line 281 of "/usr/share/horde/nag/lib/Nag.php"]
Here's a snippet of code near line 281:
    function listTasklists($owneronly = false, $permission = PERMS_SHOW)
    {
        $tasklists = $GLOBALS['nag_shares']->listShares(Auth::getAuth(), $permission, $owneronly ? Auth::getAuth() : null, 0, 0, 'name');
        if (is_a($tasklists, 'PEAR_Error')) {
            Horde::logMessage($tasklists, __FILE__, __LINE__, PEAR_LOG_ERR);
            return array();
        }
Line 281 is the Horde::logMessage(...) call.  I can't find anything in the mailing list archives, faq's, etc. that address this error.

When I go to Tasks on the website, there does not appear to be any task list.  When I try to create one, I get a "success" message on the website and it seems like corresponding data is written into the datatree tables in mysql.  I do not see any data in any of the 4 nag_* tables, although I'm not sure if there's supposed to be any in there.

Just in case this helps:  I am having the same behavior with mnemo, which I am also trying to install.  This probably indicates some common nderlying cause that is not specific to either of the two projects (unless I'm doing the same thing wrong in installing each, although I'm following the instructions in each case).  Possibly there's something wrong with my datatree.

Any thoughts are very much appreciated.  Thank you.