[nag] Task assignee

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at horde.org
Mon Sep 12 06:24:34 UTC 2011

Hi!

Horde allows you to select the "Assignee" of a task among the users
with at least read permissions on the corresponding tasklist. When
converting this to a vTODO component (iCal) this gets mapped to the
"Organizer" field. When looking at the iCal specs it seems somewhat
strange to be able to select the organizer as provided by Horde. I can
imagine conditions under which this makes sense. But my impression is
that the specs (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5545) suggest using iTip
in the same way as for events. What is the specific reason to do it
the Horde way?

Thanks for feedback!

Gunnar

--