[nag] About editing tasks over caldav

Mehmet Giritli mgiritli at giritli.eu
Sun Jul 7 19:37:49 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-07-07 at 18:31 +0200, Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Mehmet Giritli <mgiritli at giritli.eu>:

> >> Without providing any logs, error message or similar, this is
> >> impossible to tell.
> >
> > I think you didn't understand/read the complete message. I just wanna
> > know if editing tasks is supported over caldav or not. If it is, then
> > yes it is a bug and I'll dig some log files. If it is not, I just wanted
> > to know so that I don't waste time dealing with it...
>
> Of course it is.

Okay. So logs revealed an error message sent by horde to the client:

<b>Fatal error</b>:  Call to a member function before() on a non-object
in <b>/var/www/horde5/nag/lib/Application.php</b> on line

Message is extracted from android caldav sync adapter debug logs. I can
provide full logs if desired, but I think the above message is the
relevant part.

Also, according to Marten Gajda, the author of caldav sync, since the
server crashes with that message, it should have returned code 500, but
currently it does not. So the clients assume update went ok and you
don't get an error message.