[nag] Problem with Nag - seems not to be installed properly

Erling Preben Hansen erling at eph.dk
Thu May 8 20:28:15 UTC 2014

  Citat af Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>:

>> Wow Ralf that was FAST!! ;)
>>
>> Can you give me an example of the required config?  By vhost snippet,
do
>> you mean a vhost declaration in httpd.conf?
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> I don't have access to my config files right now
>
> 1) you need mod_rewrite active
>
> shell> a2enmod rewrite
>
> 2) in
> <directory /srv/www/hordewebroot> (or similar)
> add/modify a line
>
> AllowOverride All
>
> Reload the apache server afterwards
>
> --
> Ralf Lang
> Linux Consultant / Developer
> Tel.: +49-170-6381563
> Mail: lang at b1-systems.de
> B1 Systems GmbH
> Osterfeldstraße 7 / 85088 Vohburg / http://www.b1-systems.deGF: Ralph
> Dehner / Unternehmenssitz: Vohburg / AG: Ingolstadt,HRB 3537

Hey

When you use:

AllowOverride All

and .htaccess files

You are forcing your apache server to look for .htaccess files in every
subfolder.
Because this has to be done every time on filesystem you wil slow down your
server.

If you enable mod_rewrite you can use your VirtualHost config to do the
same.

Like this:

Alias /horde /var/www/horde
  <Directory /var/www/horde>
  AllowOverride none
  DirectoryIndex index.php
        RewriteEngine on
        RewriteBase /horde
        RewriteCond   %{REQUEST_FILENAME}  !-d
        RewriteCond   %{REQUEST_FILENAME}  !-f
        RewriteRule ^(.*)$ rampage.php [QSA]
  </Directory>

Where Alias is your /urlpath and/path/to/horde/files

My experience is. That this have to be in top of your VirtualHost file.
If you have some Alias with rewrites.
That is in subfolders under /horde it is wise to put them a top the basic
rewrite.
It is ( as I understand it) because of the way apache is reading the
configfiles.
 From bottom up and the order Aliases is implementet.

/erling