[nag] Nag Stage 6

Rodney Barnett rbarnett@neuromics.com
Tue, 22 May 2001 08:06:49 -0500

Quoting Matt Powell <matt@maintainnet.com>:

> Not to jump into a conversation halfway, as I just joined the list, but
> why not use the time stamp of the due date combined with a priority
> ranking assigned when the task is created to handle its postion?

Once you start adding criteria to let the system order the tasks where do you
stop?  What about dependencies among the tasks?  What about dependencies on
external events?

I've also recently joined this list, so I don't know what the vision is for nag.
 Perhaps it is for nag to become a full-blown scheduling application.  However,
if it becomes that, I probably wouldn't use it due to the complexity.

My needs would be well suited by an application that lets me add tasks, order
them by hand, record a lot of notes for each task, and record the completion
date.  Being able to record additional things like a priority and a due date and
being able to sort the tasks on those criteria would be a benefit, but, for me,
the manual ordering would still be the primary view.

Rodney