[nag] Ideas about NAG

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 19:48:32 -0400

On Sun, Jun 03, 2001 at 08:51:38AM -0700, Edwin Culp wrote:

> I have just been adding some real tasks to NAG to try and organize myself
> just a little and personally am  finding that marking/prioritizing the
> tasks with a different color would be very useful as it is in IMP.
>
> 	Important
> 	UnImportant
> 	Finished/possibly with a hide option.
> 	Deleted/Not Purged
> 	probably others
>
> Now it seems as though your options are to create or delete.

Right, that's all there is at the moment, but I think your
suggestions are very worthwhile.  I'll work on implementing them
sometime in the near future.

Feel free to beat me to it by submitting patches, of course. =)

> An option to be able to send an email with a creation would be very nice
> if you want to let other folks know what you are working on.

That's also a good idea.

> P.S.  Is the plan be able to actually add the task to kronolith?  I think
>       that along with groups, that I have seen discussed on both NAG and
>       Kronolith, in both with the above options would be very
>       useful and practical.

I don't plan on having the tasks added to Kronolith.  It might be
neat to have a pointer from a Kronolith event to a more detailed
Nag task description, though.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology

>From eculp@encontacto.net Date: Mon,  4 Jun 2001 19:11:02 -0700
> On Sun, Jun 03, 2001 at 08:51:38AM -0700, Edwin Culp wrote:
>
> > I have just been adding some real tasks to NAG to try and organize myself
> > just a little and personally am  finding that marking/prioritizing the
> > tasks with a different color would be very useful as it is in IMP.
> >
> > 	Important
> > 	UnImportant
> > 	Finished/possibly with a hide option.
> > 	Deleted/Not Purged
> > 	probably others
> >
> > Now it seems as though your options are to create or delete.
>
> Right, that's all there is at the moment, but I think your
> suggestions are very worthwhile.  I'll work on implementing them
> sometime in the near future.
>
> Feel free to beat me to it by submitting patches, of course. =)

Thanks, Jon,

Let me look at the code and see if I understand it enough to do something that
would be acceptable as a solution.  The Horde team lead is hard to follow.

> > An option to be able to send an email with a creation would be very nice
> > if you want to let other folks know what you are working on.
>
> That's also a good idea.
>
> > P.S.  Is the plan be able to actually add the task to kronolith?  I think
> >       that along with groups, that I have seen discussed on both NAG and
> >       Kronolith, in both with the above options would be very
> >       useful and practical.
>
> I don't plan on having the tasks added to Kronolith.  It might be
> neat to have a pointer from a Kronolith event to a more detailed
> Nag task description, though.

I thank that would be great. Is there a plan for NAG to have levels or groups
in addition to individual tasks?  I think I remember seeing a couple of
suggestions some time ago.

Thanks,

ed