Accessing CGI directly

Cort Tompkins rtompkin@cs.odu.edu
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 23:55:21 -0400

Hello,

I'm running the (near) latest horde, imp, and turba CVSes on a commercial
webhost's shared server.  Seeing that they don't let me restart Apache (imagine
that) I'm forced to use a separate CGI binary for PHP.  It is my understanding
that with a CGI php it is necessary for security reasons to compile it with
force-cgi-redirect enabled, which means that if you try to access the PHP cgi
binary directly from a script you'll get a big "oh no you don't" error.  Imp
and turba don't attempt this but apparently Nag does.  I ran into this while
trying to add a task.

What can I do?

Thanks,
Cort Tompkins