[nag] Nag Stage 6

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 00:38:53 -0400

On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 02:09:59PM -0400, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> > What are you guys thinking that would look like?  How would
> > the dependancies be implemented?
>
> I was just looking at bugzilla (the latest mozilla version),
> and they have "this depends on ____; this bug blocks ____"
> inputs, which is one way, though that requires numbering or
> otherwise having ids for bugs.

I think this is probably the simplest and most useful dependency
implementation, so I'm thinking I'll just go with this for now.

> Another option is to have a seperate UI for greating
> inter-dependancies; you create a "task group" or whatever, and
> then add whatever tasks you want to it.
>
> A third idea (slightly unrelated) that just popped up is
> blurring what a "task list" is; if you can define an ordering
> on a task list, and if you can have task lists _contain_ other
> task lists, then the need for groups goes away.

The other possibilities are all a bit on the abstract side, but
they do have merit.  I'll investigate them in more detail at a
later date.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology