[dev] notifications and recurring tasks for NAG

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 20:30:24 -0400

[Moving this to the Nag mailing list.]

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 01:13:53AM +0200, Atif Ghaffar wrote:

> If NAG is going to be more than just for demo at Oreilly conf, then I
> would like to ditch the reminder app in favour of NAG.

I started writing it as an example application, but it's already
past that point, so it's future direction is really undetermined.

> Would it be possible to implement notification of tasks in advance via
> email/sms/fax (any backend handler).

Sure, I don't see why not.  It would be fairly easy to write a
generic Notification class with a number of backend
implementations.

> Also would it make sense to implement recurring events. Birthdays, etc.

I'd have to say that those kinds of events would belong in a
Kronolith setup.  Kronolith is aimed more at being a calendar
while Nag is meant to be a simple list of ToDo tasks which may or
may not be bound to a given date or time.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology