[nag] task complion

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 16:32:39 -0500

Quoting Paul Cooper <pgc@ucecom.com>:

> I've been playing with nag, and I decided to add an extra field -
>
> task_completed  smallint default 0

This is actually already in my copy of Nag on my laptop (the field, not the
implementation, actually), along with some other changes that I haven't
committed yet (still! ack!).

> As it stands it's not great - I haven't yet got round to adding the
> compeletion status to the task list, so there's no way to see open /
> closed tasks yet in the list (yet). Also now that I think about it could
> be more useful to be a percentage rather than a boolean, e.g. Open, 20%,
> 40%, 60%, 80%, Closed.

The work I'm doing is mainly to make Nag match Palm todo list items more
closely, so that I can work on syncing with a fairly simple first example (todo
items, as opposed to contacts or events). So I'd prefer sticking with completed
or not completed, to keep this simple. Percentage strikes me as something
belonging in a project planning/tracking app, which is a rather different beast.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in the