Fwd: Re: [nag] nag 1.0RC3 problem

horde@martycombs.com horde@martycombs.com
Fri, 31 May 2002 12:46:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 31 May 2002, Eric Rostetter wrote:

>Quoting horde@martycombs.com:
>
>> I tried the setup today on a freshly installed RedHat 7.3 system and
>> experienced the same problems listed in the first paragraph.  It's as if
>> PHP (or horde) refuses to pass anything but a select statement to mysql.
>
>I assume you do, but just in case, do you have the php-mysql package
>installed?  PHP has its own builtin mysql code, that is known to be really
>bad.  So you need to install the seperate and more complete mysql code
>also.  So, just in case, check that you have the actual mysql package
>installed...

The php-mysql package is installed.  I had setup horde to store
preferences in mysql and turba to use mysql as well.  Both of those
components work.  I can add contacts or change color schemes and view the
changes in the database.  Nag won't add a task and nemo fails to add a
memo.

I increased mysql logging to record all queries, mysql records a select
statement when I click on the task list.  When I choose to add a task,
the add task screen appears and I can enter information, but when I
click the save task button, mysql sees nothing but another select
statement.

Is there a way to have PHP and/or horde log more extensively?  I set horde
logging to the debug level in horde/config/horde.php, but it's still not
providing any feedback.

marty :-)