[nag] Nag and Links

Wil Van Cleve vancleve at uchicago.edu
Sat Jan 3 10:27:30 PST 2004

Nag Folks -

I'm not a major gearhead, so I'm afraid I don't have a very technical
description of the bug I found or how I fixed it, but I think it's
real, so I'll offer it up.

I was playing with links in the head releases of horde, nag, and turba,
and found that if I had a client link in a nag task, the task output
was, well, warped. The task no longer fully displayed in view.php, and
the output of the client (turba contact) was screwy as well.

After a morning of tearing out my hair, I found the problem : when
turba is called to deal with the contact, it loads its base.php, and
calls Horde::compressOutput();

This function checks to make sure output isn't already being compressed
(assuming horde is configured to compress). If horde is configured to
compress output, and compression hasn't started yet, it starts here
(late) and output is warped.

So : I found two solutions

1) Comment out the call to Horde::compressOutput(); in the horde base
lib (which seems silly) or

2) Add a call to Horde::compressOutput(); in the nag base lib.

I'm not a nag developer, and I don't know if that's how you want to fix
this problem, but there it stands.

Happy New Year to all.

Yours,

Wil Van Cleve