[nag] Private tasks, assigning tasks

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Mar 21 08:57:05 PST 2006

I was going to finally make some use of the, already existing, private
flag in the tasks table. The private flag would work the same like in
Kronolith where I added such a flag recently. It would hide certain
task details from shared tasklists even if other people have read
access to that list.

We currently don't store the task owner/creator in the database,
though we have a task_owner column, but that's for referencing the
task's list. Thus we can't determine whether the tasks owner/creator
tries to access the task information or a different user with read
access. We need to add a new column to the table for that purpose.

Adding such a column would also allow us to assign tasks to other
users, similar to how we can delegate events in Kronolith. My question
now is, is that sufficient, or do we need to assign tasks to, for
example, groups? Also, should we apply the same logic like with
delegation, where users need to give other users delegation
permissions to some of their calendars if they want to allow them to
delegate events?
Or do we maybe need a separate column, so that assigning tasks is less
restrictive and doesn't require changing tasklist permissions, for
example when using Nag in the context of project management?

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/