[rakim] [dev] Rakim usage?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue May 30 18:20:55 PDT 2006

I guess I'm not sure how that gets us, as the Horde developers and maintainers, anything: except for a "legacy" app to maintain.

If someone wants to maintain a truly alternate version, say on SourceForge, that's fine - but it needs to be really seperate. If it stays in Horde CVS, it needs to have some community support.

It might also help to move it to php 5 and RDO, and to have it be a testbed for some of the newer JS we're using. But I'm not promising anything.

----- Message from jeffa0 at iinet.net.au -----

> Perhaps just separate it? legacy or something?
> I might work on an alternate release in the coming months after army
> training.
>
> -Jeffa
>
> Quoting Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>:
>
>> Quoting Ben Klang <ben at alkaloid.net>:
>>
>> > I use it as a support tool for my business.  I use CVS HEAD and I update
>> > probably once every couple months.  I would appreciate its continued
>> support.
>>
>> Okay - what level of appreciate are we talking? Willingness to work on
>> it? Sponsor bounties to keep it maintained? Etc...
>>
>> I know it's frustrating if you're using something and it's deprecated,
>> but the fact is that we have limited resources to work on what was,
>> for a time, over 50 Horde applications. In order to better support
>> Horde itself as well as our truly core applications - the things we
>> really do well - we need to focus. If there are just a few people
>> using Rakim and none of them can work on it's development, it'll
>> probably go - at least for now.
>>
>> -chuck
>>
>> --
>> "we are plastered to the windshield of the bus that is time." - Chris
>> --

-chuck