[sam] file driver

Tim Gorter email@teletechnics.com
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 18:45:52 +0200

Tuesday, September 10, 2002, 6:22:43 PM, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

CH> Quoting Tim Gorter <email@teletechnics.com>:

>> http://www.teletechnics.com/horde/sam
>> contains a patch for a file driver for the sam module
>> makes the presumption that spamassassin installed in default uses a
>> .spamassassin/user_prefs for each individual user stored in their home
>> directory.

CH> What kind of filesystem rights does this require to run?

SpamAssassin will need to have the rights to be able to read the created
file. It isn't the greatest in security wise I must admit, and I would like
to play a little with the SpamAssassin setup because of this. But yes in
the end effect Apache (if set up as user nobody) has to be able to write to
the .spamassassin directory of the users home directory.

It is also the reason I wanted to continue looking at a ftp driver for the
same effect.

cheers,
tim.