[sam] Re: SAM and Horde 2.2

Darik Horn dajhorn at uwaterloo.ca
Wed May 28 20:15:15 PDT 2003

 > Does anyone have a diff of the SAM module files to make it work with
 > Horde 2.2.3  and IMP 3.2.1 ?

I patched SAM from CVS to run with Horde 2.  The tarball is here:

http://www.student.math.uwaterloo.ca/~dajhorn/projects/sam-20030528-dh.tar.bz2

To install:

1. Unpack the tarball to '/usr/share/horde2/sam'.

2. Ensure that the 'horde_id' field and the '@GLOBAL' records exist in
the SpamAssassin database table.  Check the bundled 'userprefs.sql' file
for an example schema.

3. Change the 'config.php' file as appropriate for your system.

4. If you are using Debian, then create the '/etc/horde2/registry.d/sam'
file so that SAM will appear in the Horde menu.

Tested with:

- Apache 1.3.26-woody3
- PHP 4.1.2-6
- Horde 2.2.3-1
- IMP 3.2.1-1
- MySQL 3.23.49-8.4

(I am running Debian/woody with the horde2 packages from Debian/sarge.)

Notes:

- PHP 4.1 does not have the the is_a() function, which first appeared in
the PHP 4.2 release.  All instances of `is_a( $result, PEAR_Error )` in
the 'Driver/sql.php' file have been changed to `DB::isError( $result )`.

- All instances of $notification have been commented out.  This needs to
be fixed so that users are given appropriate feedback.

- YMMV, and I am not subscribed to this list.

[]