[sam] wanna help, but it's unclear if I can

Brendan Kehoe brendan at zen.org
Sun Aug 10 11:31:36 PDT 2003

The web page at www.horde.org/sam/ comes up relatively blank.  In July, in
answer to the question about the status of sam and what version of Horde is
needed, the referenced page of
	http://horde.org/source/versions.php
actually makes no mention of it.

There's no copy of sam available on ftp.horde.org.  In Darik Horn's post of
May 28, I see that I could get his modified copy.  But it seems like it'd
make sense that his changes, if acceptable, would go into the main
repository.   Oddly enough, the link in his post doesn't redirect cleanly for
me, and I have to instead manually edit it to use
	http://www.vanadac.com/~dajhorn/projects/sam-20030528-dh.tar.bz2

I do see that sam is mentioned in the list of CVS modules in
	http://horde.org/source/modules.php

So I could use
	cvs -d :pserver:cvsread at anoncvs.horde.org:/repository login (pw 'horde')
	cvs -d :pserver:cvsread at anoncvs.horde.org:/repository co sam

That let me get what I assume is the current development tree (showing a
change at least as recent as Aug 4).  But is there a tarred up version that's
what people should start out trying to use or help with?

I'm using horde 2.2.3, but there is no applications['sam'] stanza, which is
what makes me curious.

I'll go through the diffs of Darik Horn's copy and see if that'll help me make
some more progress.

Thanks,

Brendan Kehoe                                               brendan at zen.org

http://www.zen.org/~brendan/