[sam] amavisd-sql driver

Kendrick Vargas ken at hudat.com
Sat Nov 20 08:57:08 PST 2004

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Kendrick Vargas <ken at hudat.com>:
>
>> Mostly I'd like to see if I could get some of this in before Horde 4 is
>> released.
>
> Highly unlikely, but SAM itself hasn't gone into the RC process yet, so
> you're
> okay there.

I guess you're right. My reason for wanting to get something done by
then is mostly for the people that are gonna download SAM alongside
HORDE/IMP when it's released. And then I realized, SAM isn't even listed
on the projects page. Why is that?

There are some other ideas I've had for SAM, assuming Max is ok with
them. Stuff like Fixing up and creating a real administration area for
stuff like setting defaults. Adding support for the "quarantine_to"
settings in the policy. Changing the "addr_extension" to allow for a
drop down list of IMAP folders (ala IMP API's). Quarantine management
would be nice, and support for DSPAM and all it's features. Basically
turning SAM more into a Spam Administration Module than a Spam Assassin
Module.

I just think there is this huge niche to fill in an OSS solution for
letting users manage and control their spam. I haven't seen anything
that comes close to being useful and SAM has a ton of potential in that
sense, especially as part of the Horde family.

In any case, I've got my machete out now and I'm modifying the TODO list
as a means of managing what I plan to do. Lets see how far I get :-)
			-peace

--
Let he who is without clue cast the first scone