[sam] amavisd-new questions

Andreas Kotowicz kotoml at mynetix.de
Wed Mar 16 12:34:46 PST 2005

Hi,

I have a couple of questions concerning SAM and amavisd-new backend. I
realized that the amavisd_sql.mysql.sql file does create a very similar
database to that recommended by original amavisd-new. But is there a
reason why the priority field doesn't get created?
I actually stumbled across this while trying to access my old
amavisd-new database and SAM just wasn't able to create any new entries.
so the easiest solution would probably be to drop this single column.

something different: I found in the list archives some mails about
setting default values on the amavis backend. John Dalbec wrote there:

"Check out config/userpref.sql for examples of default settings.
Basically the defaults are associated with the @GLOBAL username in your
SQL database.
Example:
INSERT INTO userpref VALUES ('@GLOBAL', '@GLOBAL', 'required_hits', '4',
1);
"

but I don't have a config/userpref.sql file. where can I find it and why
is it gone?

thanks,
andreas