[sork] Branch names

Tue, 9 Jul 2002 12:54:56 -0500

> Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:
>
> > If someone can create a RELENG_1 branch that I can populate, I'll start
> > tossing things in there.  I have at least an old passwd module from
> > release 1.  I have no rights (at least last time I checked) to create
> > cvs tags/branches, so I'll need help (either someone creating them, or
> > I can send the files to someone to commit).
>
> What do you want the branch created from? Current HEAD? Or the current
> RELENG_2 files? (i.e., what versions currently in CVS should they diverge
> from?)

Yeah, well, that's the rub.  Since they predate the stuff in CVS, it is
a bit hard to decide...

But they would be most like the original import into cvs, which was I
think tagged as "releng_2" (lowercase, not a typo). So I guess it would
be best to branch from there, no?

This is where planning ahead would have been a good thing ;)

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage