[sork] Permission problems

Fri, 6 Sep 2002 09:19:06 -0500

Quoting Craig Richardson <crichard@maccs.mq.edu.au>:

> I set Sork/vacation up on two supposedly identical red hat machines and only
> one of them is setting these high permissions.

It is setting them to the user's default umask.  If the user hasn't set a
umask, then this would be the system's default umask.

> On the dodgy system it was setting the permissions to be -rw-rw-r-- and when
> I change these to -rw-r--r-- it works fine.

Yes, as recent sendmail versions won't work with g+w permissions out of the
box.

> What should I be checking now to make sure the Sork and system umasks are
> the same for both systems.

Well, you can take too approaches:

1) Set the system/user umasks on the machines (not very good, as user's can
   and probably will change their umask values)
2) Put a chmod call into the ftp session in the vacation code (probably the
   way to go.

I'll look at doing #2 asap, but if anyone wants to submit code go for it.