[sork] Two buglets in vacation 2.1

Lars Hecking lhecking@nmrc.ie
Wed Oct 9 19:54:42 2002

> >  The preliminary fix you supplied by replacing ^M with a single space
> >  is invalid - the problem persists. The only correct solution is to
> >  strip the control characters.
>
> Well, apparently we fixed it at one point, so we can fix it again?  Or did
> we never actually fix it?

 I think it never got fixed. I applied this workaround

  http://lists.horde.org/archives/sork/Week-of-Mon-20020826/000238.html

 to 2.0, but as I said, this is wrong.

> >  Second issue with the new vacation: there seems to be no logout button.
> >  In the old version, it was right next to the help button.
>
> This is on purpose.  It was removed, by request of the Horde admin people,
> a while back.  The only apps that are supposed to have logout buttons are
> apps that have a login function, and the passwd module since changing your
> password invalidates you login session.
>
> So, this is a move to be consistent with the other Horde apps, and seems
> reasonable.  I have no plans to re-instate the logout button.

 Fair enough. But in my case, vacation is the only horde module that it
 being used on this particular server. I'm not requiring users to login
 through horde, they go to vacation directly. In this case, a logout
 button is appropriate IMHO.