[sork] Question about the password changes.

Mon Oct 14 03:49:16 PDT 2002

Quoting eculp@encontacto.net:

> I just upgraded to the newest passwd module in head.  I can no longer
> change my password, with a can't find user error but I have no errors
> in any log files.  I suspect that we may be doing an anonymous bind
> for a search and then the modification.  If that is true, those of us
> who don't allow anonymous binds can no longer change passwords.

Mike Cochrane is currently rewriting the passwd head cvs, and he has likely
broken lots of it.  To quote him:

---

Moved to conf.xml for configuration. backends.php for specifying the
backends for configuration.

NB: Passwd_Drivers are now responsible for checking the current password. is
correct! I have changed the LDAP and SQL drivers to do this.

The drivers API have been changed if you are using a driver other than ldap or
sql then Passwd will currently be broken for you.

---

I'm guessing that while he says it is broken for anything other than ldap/sql,
it likely has some issues with those drivers too, as you are finding.

So, my first piece of advice is avoid cvs head until he (or me or someone)
gets more hashed out.  Second piece is if you do want to use it, then
help debug/fix it with Mike.

I assume Mike will post as soon as he can with more details.